Monday, May 21, 2012

Thanks, and praise to share

I wrote apologizing for the kitchen floor not being clean enough, and there being a pancake batter smudge under the handle of the stove by the bathroom.

It kinda crossed in the mail with this, though, from the camp supervisor:

I just want to thank your group so much for the care/respect they showed the grounds of our facility over this weekend. I have been here now 15 years and your group is the 1st group to truly leave the grounds as you found them and to respect the centers rules/policies. I did not have to go looking for balls, equipment, supplies, anything today nor did I have to address anyone about anything over the weekend. It was like an angel dropped from the Heaven's today knowing that time was short for me as I continue to work to get the Center ready for the 200+ campers that will arrive on June 25th. I cannot thank you all enough or the participants who came for taking care of our aging center while you were here. I do hope the weekend went well for you too and that all the families were able to spend some time gathering and learning more about their home school efforts. The weather was great and you lucked out there for sure.
Part of my response was
Thank you for the very kind words. I'll share them with the other participants, and so wanted to know if June 25th was an error, since I intend to share the praise with all the others who helped keep kids happy and rules followed and who helped us clean up.
and his:
If I could clone your groups caring/empathy for the center for other groups I would do it in a heart beat.
THANK YOU, everyone who helped with set-up, take-down, food prep and distribution, provision, removal and all sorts of cleanup. Thanks to kids who gathered empty cups and plates, and who took trash bags to the dumpster. Thank you for signs and cheer and moving furniture and assisting people who were tired, hungry, looking for people, looking for something. For the things people did that I didn't even know needed to be done, Thank you very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment